วันจันทร์ที่ 30 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2551

2 Days Til Plane Time

Fortunately I'm almost completely done packing, and wont have to worry about any last minute packing (minus a lil) tomorrow... Unfortunately, I have other crappy things to worry about tomorrow such as writing a letter to obtain my scholarship for university, and explain to them that I won't actually be using their money next year... Should be fun. I've found most people don't really seem to understand this whole going on a exchange thing. Mostly they just ask me why I decided to go, and I explain to them my reasoning, and they seem to lose interest fairly quickly. Then they ask me why I decided on Thailand, and when I explain my reasoning for that, they just look at me like I'm insane. I'm starting to think maybe I am insane.

Tomorrow is my last day in Creston. It also happens to be Canada day, which means any last minute shopping I need to do wont be happening, unless it is very early the next morning. I've already got so many things to do that morning, such as having blood taken, saying good bye to Rick and Jan, and of course going for lunch at the Otherside! That is one of my top things I must do before leaving, and with it being Canada day tomorrow, my only option is to go on Wednesday. So, on Wednesday, after I have done all my errands and what not, my family and I will be driving to Calgary. On Thursday morning the flying begins. I fly from Calgary to Vancouver, Vancouver to Beijing (sp?), then Beijing to Bangkok. Apparently once I arrive in Bangkok, there will be an AFS type person to meet me and take me to some hotel in Bangkok, where I will partake in a two-day-orientation-thingy with other exchange students. I'm not quite sure which other exchange students they mean, since I'm flying all the way there by myself. I have no idea if I'm the only Canadian going, or if I'm just the only one from Western Canada. It won't be until after this orientation deal that I will meet my host family. I've tried emailing them a couple times, and even sent them a post card, but I haven't heard anything back from them. However, I do keep getting forwards from some Thai email account, and I have absolutely no idea who they are from or what they say. I'm going to keep them though and this time next year I will (hopefully) be able to read them. I thought briefly about phoning my host family... but then realized I wouldn't have a clue what they are saying, which is probably how I will feel for the next couple of months anyways.

1 ความคิดเห็น:

gasp! กล่าวว่า...

"I'm starting to think maybe I am insane"
Sorry to break it to you my dear, but you are. Its the mark of a past/current/future exchange student.


That said, you are going to have a blast, the first little bit will be hard but the last big bit will be so amazing you'll forget about the hard part, there are no words to describe the incredible jealousy I'm feeling, you're never going to be the same again (in a good way!) and i am going to miss you like a fat kid at fat camp misses cake.

PS. Do not ever ever hesitate to call me if you feel like life sucks. Not that it ever will, but occassional moments of silliness arrive sometimes when you think it does and it usually help to rant to someone in english.
the end.
have fun and I'll see you in a bit!
bisous x54654321
valerie