วันจันทร์ที่ 16 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2552

Recent Happenings

I have pretty much recovered from my Valentine's Day sickness, yay me! But I haven't really been up to anything all that interesting in the last few days... I found out that my host mom's baby is due on May 28th, which is around the time that I'll be heading home (I don't actually know my exact date of return yet, although I think it should be somewhere around May 21st... hopefully AFS will tell me the date maybe while I'm in ChiangMai this week for the camp...) I went to school yesterday, which was kind of pointless because the teachers have kind of just stopped actually teaching students anything... so we just sat around the school all day. I guess since my friends didn't feel like doing that all over again today, my whole class decided to skip school, which is why I am spending the day at home. This morning whilst I was sitting in my room my a/c started leaking water, which I don't think is a very good sign..... So I'm kind of banished from my room all day since it will be too hot to do anything in there. Apparently all the a/c needs is a cleaning and then it will be fine... And apparently my host mom is going to teach me how to make somtam today, which I'm pretty excited about. Learning to cook somtam was one of the things on my list of things I definately must learn this year. I will try to take notes/pictures/video so I'll remember how to cook it for when I get back to Canada :)

In other exciting news, on exactly 1 month from today my family from Canada will arrive in Thailand! I'm super excited about it. I saw them on webcam today for the first time since I've been here (I actually was woken up this morning by them phoning me to tell me to go on msn haha) which was amazing (although I couldn't get the microphones to work...). I also got to see Dookie, which of course brought a smile to my face :)

Tomorrow morning I am off to ChiangMai once again, although this time I will be going with AFS. They are calling the whole trip our "Enrichment Camp", but I'm pretty sure all we'll be doing is touring around Chiang Mai and having fun and not really doing any workshops or things like we've done at the last 2 camps. I think I will still have fun even though I've already seen all the sights in ChiangMai when I went with my school... I'm also really looking forward to seeing all of the other exchange students that I haven't actually seen since September/October... Apparently tomorrow morning me and the other exchangers on this side of Bangkok (east side) will meet at Rose's School and then head to somewhere (?) to board the bus for ChiangMai. I believe the plan is to be back in Bangkok sometime on the 22nd, so I will update you all again once I'm back. Byes until then!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: