วันศุกร์ที่ 14 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2551

Brice De Nice

This morning at school we had a special funeral type ceremony for the princess who died sometime earlier this year (I'm not really sure exactly when, some people have told me it was in January while others tell me it is in July). All of the Buddhists and Muslims had to sit seperately, and I went with Fon and Ing to sit with the Buddhists. I didn't really understand much of what was being said, I just know that the whole thing involved alot of Buddhist prayers, while the Muslim students just sat patiently and waited, I'm assuming... Of course I didn't know any of the prayers either, so really the whole thing involved me just sitting with my hands held in a prayer like fashion and pretending like I knew what I was doing. Trust me, I'm getting good at the whole just smile and nod and go along with whatever is happening thing.

The rest of the school day wasn't too eventful. I can now say that it is starting to get cool out here! Winter has arrived! Although winter for Bangkok means like September-ish(?) type weather in Canada. It's probably all of like 30 degrees outside. But, that is still alot cooler than it normally is. And all of my classmates have taken to wearing sweaters over their school uniforms. Although I really don't find this kind of weather cold, it is really a nice change from the blisteringly hotness that is usually in the air around here. At least now I don't just turn into a sweaty blob from just sitting in the sun! Unfortunately though I have now started to outgrow all of my pants (which really has nothing to do with the weather besides the fact that now I may have to attempt to find some more jeans in this country that will actually fit me)..

Speaking of finding things in this country, after school P'Patch and I stopped at Carrefour, and whilst I was browsing through the DVD section, I found BRICE DE NICE! I'm sure nobody reading this will have seen this movie (besides Laura and Keith, if you guys are reading this).. so I shall explain. Brice De Nice is a French movie that Mrs Christiansen ordered off of the internet (all the way from France I believe) for our French class to watch. Although it is kind of stupid humour, Laura and I both thought it was hilarious, but unfortunately since it was French, it would have been hard to come across in Canada to buy for ourselves... Which is why I was complately surprised when I found a copy of it IN THAILAND with Thai writing all on the cover.. Apparently the languages on it are French and Thai, and the subtitles can be English and Thai. This movie is now one of my most favourite posessions.. The fact that it is half Thai just makes it all that more amusing. Oh, and did it mention the fact that it was only 69 baht (about 2 dollars)? I mean, really, Patch was 100% right when she told me you can find ANYTHING in Thailand.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: