วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 6 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2551

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Today was just a regular day at school. Regular, yet enjoyable. Just more of hanging out with my Thai friends, reading throughout class (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Ing brought it to me on Tuesday to read (I'm not really sure why she has the English version) and today I finished it... this is with only reading it in class, not at home in the evening or anything), and then walking to Tops after school with Patch to catch the van home. We stopped at a little Thai noodle shop to eat the famous "boat noodles" that they serve.. which I've never actually eaten before. According to Patch, they are called "boat noodles" because back in the early days of Bangkok, they used to be sold from a boat floating down the canal, rather than from a restaurant. They were pretty yummy I must admit. Pretty much just regular "guay-teeow" (noodles) though. But now that I've figured out how I like to make my noodles (they are always served kind of flavourless, and then you add sugar, chilies, fish sauce, or vinegar to it depending on how you like it), I'm enjoying eating them much more...

I have developed a new love in Thailand. It's name is "ah-han Thai" (Thai food). Although I'm afraid that this new love of mine is causing me to be "ooo-ung" (fat). Some of my favourites include:
  • rot-dee (I believe it's actually Indian)... the only way I can describe it (because trust me, I am horrible at describing food) is that it is kind of like a crepe, but filled with buttery/sugary goodness (obviously very fattening)
  • hot soy milk that is filled with the same kind of floaty things one finds in bubble tea.. it's my new favourite thing to drink for breakfast
  • all the amazing fresh fruits that we don't have in Canada (tiny little super sweet bananas, ngor, etc.)
  • these little deep fried pastry things that taste amazing when dipped in hot ovaltine (another favourite for breakfast)

1 ความคิดเห็น:

ไม่ระบุชื่อ กล่าวว่า...

Oh! One of the returnee exchange students from Thailand told me that the fried dough you dip in stuff is actually a Chinese food. He said it's really fattening though. Haha.