วันพุธที่ 8 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

Stuff and Such

Nothing much has happened in the last couple of days.. I've just been enjoying relaxing around the house.. watching movies, reading books, eating tons of mangos (apparently it's the season for mangos here)... Tomorrow I'm going to Kathy's (from America) house to spend the night, since we have to get up super early on Friday to catch our train to HuaHin. It'll be me, Kathy, Katrijn (from Belgium), and Marissa (America) going... should be a good time. We'll get back on Sunday, and then Monday-Wednesday next week is SongKran festival! Which, in case you didn't know, is THE festival in Thailand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songkran). Pretty much the first thing everyone new Thai person I meet asks me is if I've ever "played water" at Songkran before (and I tell them no, because we don't celebrate Songkran in Canada).. because that's pretty much the whole gist of Songkran.. it's a giant waterfight which lasts for 3 days. Most people tend to say it's tons of fun, esepcially since it's so hot out in Thailand now, being soaked in water helps cool you off.. But I have heard from other people that sometimes people on the street are a little too drunk and things get out of hand. I don't have any for sure plans for the festival so far.. I'm hoping that P'Kla (my old host brother... remember him??) will take Patch, Cherry, and I around in the back of their truck to play (because apparently that's funner than just walking around on the street since it's easier to bring around a big supply of water with you)... Anyways, I've been looking forward to this festival all year, so hopefully I have a good time.

In other news, my parents changed my flight schedule for going back to Canada... I will still be back on May 21st, but instead of my final flight being from Vancouver to Calgary.. and then having to drive another 5 hours home from Calgary... the flight will be from Vancouver to Cranbrook, so it's only a 1 hour drive home from the airport.... which means that my parents can bring along Dookie with them to the airport. Now if you know me personally, you will understand how super excited I am to see him at the airport!!! And if you don't know me personally... Dookie is my dog. (+555)
And that picture up there is my new haircut, when it was looking all nice and straightened :P

1 ความคิดเห็น:

ไม่ระบุชื่อ กล่าวว่า...

You're hair looks cute! Also, I hope you have fun at the festival.

Btw, how did you get your blog in Thai?