วันอาทิตย์ที่ 8 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Blah

Today, although spent at home, was actually quite an enjoyable day. I spent the afternoon making a kind of Thai dessert called "bo-loy" (it's the same one that I once made in my Thai cooking class monthsssssssss ago) with my host family. My host aunt made up the different doughs, which is apparently done by mixing sticky rice powder with either pumpkin (for a yellow colour), taro (for a purple colour), or some kind of leaf (for a green colour). Then all of the dough has to be rolled into tiny little balls which are then boiled and added to coconut milk (which is then eaten, obviously). Another variation on this dish involves boiling eggs as well to add to the mixture, but we decided to just stick with the little dough balls. For some reason most of the people left (I think they had something special to go to because they were all dressed up in their Muslim getups) and it was just me and my host mom Sah left to roll ALLLLL of the dough into these tiny balls. Well, after a while we got bored (Sah tends to get bored super easy), so we started getting creative with our dough balls. Sah made a flower, a hello kitty, a star, and a heart which she wrote the letters "KS" in.... I just made a heart (haha so much for being creative). I didn't take any pictures to show you guys of the finished product, but apparently on Wednesday we will make this whole dish again and my host family wants to video it or something... I don't really know... but I'll make sure to get some pictures (maybe even a video of my own) then.

Yesterday wasn't really all that eventful either. I went for a bike ride with my host sister Sunyair all the way down our soi (street), which was nice because I've never actually been all the way down our street before... so I got to see a bit more of the surrounding area. The bikes we rode on were bikes that my host parents just bought last week.. I think maybe in an attempt to get me to exercise or something (haha).. because they keep saying I should go biking with Sunyair to the park and what not.. which is fine for me, because I really enjoy bike riding. However the seats on the bikes are SUPER uncomfortable.. I swear, this morning when I woke up my bottom was still hurting. They also bought a little bike with training wheels for my brother.. and although when he sits on it his feet do reach the pedals.. he hasn't really gotten the hang of pedaling just yet (come on he's not even a year and a half old!).. but he LOVES this bike.. so he just kind of holds onto the handle bars and walks his bike all around the house. It's uber cute. And I duno why, but for some reason he just seems to find me hilarious. Tonight I was sitting on a chair at the kitchen table.. and he was just standing in front of me looking at me, and then he would burst out laughing. I wasn't making any funny faces or anything. He also kills himself laughing whenever I speak English to him (he said the word "apple" the other day though, it was soooooo cute)....

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: