วันพุธที่ 11 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Bucket Lists

So, here is a list, word for word, (although very short) which I made when I was in Grade 11 of things I wanted to do before I die:

1. Leave this shitter town
2. Get a tattoo
3. Figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life...
4. Go skydiving
5. Live far far away for a while
6. Never stop playing bass

I came across this saved on my computer a couple of days ago... and was quite surprised to discover that I have already managed to do half of those things. Also kind of sad to admit though that I've virtually failed at #6, as I haven't had access to a bass here in Thailand. But I still found it interesting looking back and seeing what kinds of things seemed important for me to do as a 16 year old. So today whilst I was bored and feeling a little inspired, I came up with more of a list of things to do, which is as follows:

7. Travel to as many countries on as many different continents as I possibly can... never say "no" to an opportunity to go abroad
8. Be a vegetarian
9. Get dreadlocks
10. Graduate from university and find a job that makes me happy
11. Find someone to spend the rest of my life with
12. Get over my fear of singing in front of other people
13. Have children (this one shouldn't be coming for at least another 10 years haha) and if I ever have any daughters they will be named Emily and Alys
14. Get that portrait tattoo of Nanny that I told her I would
15. Learn to freestyle on bass and just improve my guitar skills in general
16. Go bungee jumping
17. Host an exchange student
18. Travel across Canada (whether it be by car or motorbike)

now, let's see if I can have half of THAT list finished in the next two years haha..
and just for fun, here is a list of things I've never done, until I was in Thailand:

1. Used a squat toilet
2. Survived without toilet paper
3. Took cold showers daily
4. Washed my clothes by hand
5. Ironed clothes
6. Wore a uniform
7. Ate fish with the head still on, ate shark fin, liver, etc.
8. Sucessfully ate using chopsticks
9. Rode an elephant
10. Fed an elephant
11. Fed wild monkeys
12. Was picked up by an elephant (wow that sounds totally wrong hahaha)
13. Knew how to Thai massage, Thai dance, draw Thai art, etc.
14. Had a sunburn in December
15. Pulled an all-nighter and watched the sun rise
16. Saw a professional ballet
17. Went rafting
18. Jumped off a bridge into the river
19. Went swimming in the sea at 2 a.m.
20. Wore a hi-jab
21. Drank tea while sitting completely clothes in the rain
22. Cooked poutine
23. Was anywhere near a cockfight (although I managed to never actually watch one)
24. Took a "bucket shower"
25. Won any kind of trophy
26. Knew how to knit
27. Shared my bedroom with someone
28. And then of course all the obvious ones that go along with exchange, like being away from my family for so long, using a different language on a daily basis, etc.

1 ความคิดเห็น:

ไม่ระบุชื่อ กล่าวว่า...

Cool list! I need to make one. Except, I don't have specific goals.