วันเสาร์ที่ 25 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Quick Update

Not much has happened since I wrote my last post yesterday, but I thought I'd just write a quick update to let you all know I'm doing good and settling in with my new family. They have quite a big collection of English DVDs, and last night they brought them all into my room and said I could watch one. There ended up being a problem with the TV though, and there was no sound coming from it. So my new host dad hauled in a whole new TV from another room in the house and hooked it all up for me.. then today when we went out shopping they let me pick out some more DVDs to buy (mind you they were all cheap pirated copies.. but that is all people in Thailand actually buy when it comes to DVDs). Also, they are all alot more interested in Canadian culture than my last family was. They were asking me about true Canadian food, and I said that we don't really have any, as everything we eat pretty much consists of Italian food, or American food, British food, Chinese food, etc. I told them they only thing we really have that is truly Canadian is poutine. So now I will be cooking (me cooking!) poutine for them tonight. While we were shopping today at The Mall, we stopped at the super market and I picked out some french fries, cheese (I didn't really know what exact kind of cheese to get though, so I went with white cheddar... hopefully it turns out okay), and a packet of gravy that you just add water too (I had to make sure it wasn't pork gravy). I have a feeling this meal is going to turn out horribly wrong, esepcially because all I really have to cook with is a stovetop with a wok. I'm not even sure if they have regular pots. This added to the fact that I am a horrible cook... well it will be interesting to say the least. Must go now though as my host family is wanting to teach me some game.. not really sure what it's all about. But they are convinced that it is better for me to get outside and play a game or something than to just sit inside on the computer all day.. and I really couldn't agree more with them. Cheerio for now!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: