วันพุธที่ 15 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Updates

There have been a few interesting things happening here in the last couple of days. This post is not intended to get people to worry about me, only to let you guys all know what is up.

On Tuesday in the afternoon there were a bunch of men at my host families place installing some kind of video camera security system type thing. It's all hooked up to the tv so that if you turn on one certain channel, you can see all different areas of the house. I don't think I should go into much detail about it on the internet though. Let's just say that it kind of freaked me out a little. Mostly just because of the implications surrounding the fact that my host family feels the need to install this kind of system.

On yesterday afternoon (Wednesday), I was sitting in my bedroom and I heard quite a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot. I tried to not think much of it, figuring that if it was something bad, my host family would come and get me. So I kind of forgot about it, and then about an hour or so later, I was watching TV, and Pailin came in (uninvited - she said she tried to phone me but my phone didn't ring...) and asked me what was going on with all the police outside. I had no idea there were even police outside, so I changed the TV to the special security camera channel, and sure enough there were a bunch of police outside of my house. We kind of just got caught up in watching TV, and didn't really worry about it, until P'Klang came in,and Pailin and him talked in Thai for a bit, about the whole situation I'm guessing. She told me that apparently the loud noise I had heard was a bomb that went off outside of our house, and that apparently my host dad has been receiving threats (I'm not really sure who from.) She told me that I am completely safe here, and that the only one who needs to be worried about the situation is my host dad. Well, honestly I don't feel exactly safe. The bomb that went off yesterday was a small one, but still it was BOMB, and although nobody was hurt, there could always be a larger one coming. So I contacted a few different people, and this morning my advisor and my coordinator came and picked me up from my host families place. I will spend the night at my advisors house, and then tomorrow I am off to the South with AFS for the Optional Trip until October 23. One of the AFS ladies I talked to today said that while I am gone she will work with my advisor and see if they came find me a new place to stay. They said it was up to me on whether I want to stay with my current host family or not. I told them that although my family is nice, I don't think this is an appropriate situation for an exchange student to be placed in. Someone told me I can just wait until I get back from the South and then move back in with my family, since things will probably have settled down by then, and then another person told me I will probably change families permanently. So, at this point I'm not exactly sure what is happening, I'm just feeling glad I can go to the South for a bit, maybe talk to the other exchange students about it all, and give AFS chance to sort this all out for me.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: