วันพุธที่ 29 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2551

School Days (Yet Again...)

Not too much has happened in the last couple of days, besides the fact that I've managed to get through a couple days of school in a foreign language! Things so far are actually going alot better this semester. Now that I can speak a bit more Thai, it's easier for me to have (simple conversations, I'll admit) conversations with friends (and yes, I am making new Thai friends!) So far I've just been going to all of Patch's classes with her, although once my schedule gets made up, I will go with her to some classes and then go to my own private classes every once in a while. In Thai schools, the whole grade is split up into different classes (each class "majoring" in a certain subject area, and with about 30 people in it). All the people in one class have exactly the same schedule.. Patch's class is majoring in English, which is good for me because it means they have alot of English classes, and I can actually understand what is going on! I can also understand what they're learning in math, since it's math I've done before (pretty much just graphing things like x + y = 5 , x > 0). In all the other classes I just read, or pass notes with one of my friends, names Bee, in really broken down English. It's quite fun. I actually prefer just being bored in class like this to spending all my time isolated in the compute room like I did last semester, because this way I'm at least interacting a bit with my classmates and making more friends.

Yesterday was my host dads birthday, although I'm not sure how old he now is... We all went out for dinner (we being the whole, huge, extended family) to one of those Korean BBQ places that I used to hate but now that I can use chopsticks I'm starting to enjoy. There is just a huuuge buffet full of raw meat, so you just choose the meat you want, and then cook it on a BBQ type thing that is in the center of your table. I think it's more of just a way to socialize, since it takes a while while you wait for the meat to cook, so everyone just sits around and talks for hours and hours. We got to the restaurant at about 5 and stayed until 9. When we got back home, I just took a shower and went to bed, and DIDN'T iron my school uniform (naughty me). This morning I didn't have enough time to iron it, but I totally thought that it looked fine anyways and nobody would notice it. I guess I was wrong. First thing Cherry said to me this morning when she saw me was, "you didn't iron?" These school uniforms (and the fact that now I have to do my own laundry (which I'm not complaining about for the most part, just the part that has to do with uniforms)) are going to be the death of me. I only have 2 copies of my regular uniform. Which means I have to wash one everynight. But since the shirt is white, and the skirt is dark blue, I have to do two loads of laundry everynight just to wash it.. It just seems like such a waste of water to me.

I must be going to class now though. I have "religion" class. Apparently during this class everyone who is Buddhist goes to one room, while everyone who is Muslim goes to another room. Today I'll be going to the Muslim room with Patch... Shall be interesting.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: