วันเสาร์ที่ 9 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

The Beginning of the End...

well, I guess the beginning of the end really started last month.. but it seems like over these last couple of days (esepcially now that I have less than 2 weeks left here) it's really begun to hit me that the time has come to start packing up and saying goodbye. Nothing too exciting has happened in the last couple of days.. Marissa headed back to Songkla... that's about it.

Today Elisabeth and I went to JJ Market in an attempt to finish off all of our shopping for Thailand. I went prepared with a list of things I needed to buy.. and out of 11 things, I managed to buy 4. Yay me. But the things I have left to buy can (hopefully) be purchased at the Mall tomorrow, or at 7-11. Anyways, whilst shopping today it really hit me that it was the last time (at least my last time as an exchange student) that I would be going shopping at JJ Market. Even sadder is that it was the last time I would see the elephant building (my favourite building ever!!).. since the only times I ever see it is when I'm on the van to JJ. I didn't even have my camera with me so I couldn't take a picture of it.... so right now I'm just mourning the fact that I'm elephant building pictureless... AND starting to freak out about the fact that I have just about a week and a half left to get a ton of shit (excuse my french) done. Seriously, so much to do and so little time... I have plans for about half of the days I have left here, and the other half I plan to just spend hanging around the house, visiting with them, and just enjoying my last few days of being a member of their family (well, besides the time I'm going to be spending frantically packing!!). and speaking of packing. AFS is still going on about this whole only having 1 bag thing. But I did my research, and Air Canada says I'm allowed 2 sooo.. the plan is that in the next few days I'm going to try and pack up all of my crap, see what fits and what doesn't.. and then decide what I'll either just leave here or mail back to Canada. Wish me luck, seriously.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: