วันอังคารที่ 19 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

The End.

So this is it, the last post I'll be writing from Thailand.... which, for me at least, is both a super exciting but also sad fact.... I'm gunna keep it short and sweet though because I think it's better to spend my last time here visiting with my host family and just enjoying Thailand rather than trying to type out and explain things here that really are too hard to explain... I think the only way a person could understand how I'm feeling now would be if they've been through the same exchange situation too. It's just kind of a bittersweet feeling. Saying goodbye to everyone here is shitty, but the reality is that before I can go back home and enjoy Canada again, I have to say goodbye to Thailand.... Today was an exciting day because my host mom had her baby (a girl, who I'm going to see at the hospital in about 20 minutes)... but also an incredibly sad day because I had to say goodbye to P'Beam and P'Patch... Everything that needed to be done was done... I closed my bank account, finished my souvenir shopping.. and this morning I packed my suitcases, changed the tags on them from my address in Thailand to the one in Canada.. zipped everything up, and stood in my room with the 3 bags that contain the last 10 months of my life... Tomorrow morning my host dad will take me to the hotel for the AFS End of Stay camp where I will say my goodbyes to all of my AFS friends, and then on Thursday morning at 4 I head to the airport to begin the journey home. The strangest thought occured to me the other day. I was talking on MSN to someone from back home in Canada, and I off-handidly (is that a word?) told them, "I will be home next weekend." and then it hit me.... I will be home next weekend. I can't even begin to explain how that one sentence makes me feel..... I will be home next weekend.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: