วันอาทิตย์ที่ 10 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Good News ^^

So today I was given some incredibly good news. Apparently my host mom's baby is hanging around in her belly the wrong way up.. meaning she needs a C-Section. AND the doctor told her she should have the c-section on either the 17, 18, or 19 of this month. It's up to her. Which means........ I will get to meet my baby brother/sister before I leave!!! You have no idea how excited that makes me. Of course I told her she should have it on the 17th... but she is Thai. And Thai's believe that it is better to be born on certain days of the week than on others... so who knows which day she will choose :S

and today Elisabeth and I went to see X MEN ORIGINS WOLVERINE.. and apparently Wolverine is Canadian (I never knew) so half of the movie takes place in the "Canadian Rockies"... which got me really excited. Seriously. I practically squealed and went, "OMG ELLI THAT'S WHERE I'M FROM" and alternatively "I WILL BE THERE IN 11 DAYS!!" everytime they showed a view of mountains.... oh how I miss mountains. I swear that first breath of air I will take when I first get off the airplane will be the best thing ever. It will be like, "I can breathe again!!"

And also, I hate to admit it but just from being in an Asian country, where every white person who walks by is labelled a "farang" has made my view of foreign people somewhat change. For example, whenever I see a white person walk by, I yell, "farang" and point at them. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I get back and there are farangs everywhere. It's just weird how after being here for all of these months, I no longer really feel like just another farang. But I'm not completely Thai either (obviously).. I'm somewhere in the middle. I no longer identify myself with all these touristy type foreigners that are running around Thailand (they can pretty much be classified into two groups.. 1. Old foreign men looking for young Thai wives 2. Backpacking Hippies ) I dunno, my English is failing me, and I can't really find a good way to explain it. It's just going to be weird being surrounded by farang.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: