วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 8 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

Christmas Came Late This Year

2 weeks late, to be exact... which means... you guessed it! I got my Christmas parcel from Canada in the mail today! Which pretty much put the icing on an already amazing day (the best day I've had in quite a while)! So, let's start at the beginning:

Well, firstly, today my Thai friends commented on how much of a Thai accent I actually have when I speak Thai! Yay me! Although I'm pretty sure it only happens when I say Thai words that are easy for me to pronounce, such as "mai me"... and when I say words that are super hard for me (i.e. "ngong") I'm pretty sure I sound like a complete idiot.

Ok, now that I'm actually writing this out, I realize that nothing THAT amazing happened today... I was just in a really good mood all day I guess.

After school I went with my Advisor, Coordinator, and the Vice Principal of my school to go to my old host families house to say Happy New Year to them, and give them a fruit basket. The problem was that we didn't actually have a fruit basket to give them. So we went to Tops, where all these women spent forever picking out fruit (imported apples for 6 dollars!!!!) and baskets, then forever supervising the store workers who were arranging the fruit in the basket. When these workers had finally finished wrapping the baskets all up in seran wrap, the vice principal lady decided the arrangments weren't beautiful enough... so then they had to take apart the whole thing at start over. It was madness. Honestly, Thai people are obsessed with the idea of things having to look beautiful. When we finally finished that whole fruit filled hour, we all went to my old host families house, to find that only my old host gramma was home. I must admit, there are certain people and things I miss from that family. Such as my old host gramma, P'Kla, and P'Beam. And I preferred it in that house how I could wash my underwear by hand in the privacy of my own bathroom, rather than here where I have to wash it in the kitchen... which is difficult considering people are always in there eating. Anyways, I told my old host gramma (after we gave her the fruit basket) that I miss her, and she said I should go move back in with them (in Thai of course)... and although that isn't really an option, my Coordinator told me that if I want I can go back there for sleepovers sometime. We'll see.

Then we all piled back into the car, and came to my new host families house, where my host dad was given a gift basket, which included cookies that I made in my cooking class yesterday :) (by the way, I'm really enjoying my cooking class (despite the fact that all we do is bake cookies) because I'm making friends with new people, AND.... none of them speak English. Which means I have made friends speaking only Thai!!!!!! Yay me!) Anyways, when we got to my host families house, I noticed that my Christmas parcel had arrived, and I dissapeared into my room where the unwrapping of Christmas gifts began..... It was magical.

So, now that I finally have my Christmas parcel, I can finally really say to all of you guys: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

(oh, and just to update you all, my host brother is feeling better now, and my host mom found a pictures of a dress on the internet for me.. it's strapless (and pink of course) and about knee length.. I think it looks really pretty, so hopefully it turns out okay, and ends up looking okay on me :S)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: