วันพุธที่ 21 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

New Dress Among Other Things

Oh, and I forgot to mention before that I took some salt and vinegar chips which my family had sent me from Canada on the train ride to Chiang Mai. Some of my Thai friends tried them, and well, let's just say that while Thai people are good at eating things spicy, they CANNOT handle sour... so none of them really liked the chips. Except for Soy. Oh, and speaking of Soy, he asked me to marry him whilst we were in Chiang Mai, and of course I said yes. So I now have a gay Thai fiance! I'm pretty excited about it to be honest.

Today when I came home from school my host mom had for me my dress for the wedding in February!!!! I guess they ended up ordering it off the internet from a shop in Bangkok because my host auntie didn't have time to make it.. and while it's probably not the kind of dress I would pick for myself, it's still beautiful and I love it (I'm deffinatley hoping I can bring it back to Canada...), and I can't believe how nice my host family is to buy it for me. Now I'm just really hoping that I can actually go to the wedding, and that I won't have to go to the next AFS camp instead. Anyways, the dress is pink, and while it appears strapless it actually has like meshy kind of see through straps attached. It's about knee length.. and it actually fits perfectly. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my hair and what shoes I will wear... Honestly, I'm mainly just happy that I get to wear a semi-fancy dress at all.. when I was told I needed a dress for a Muslim wedding I assumed I would be covered from head to toe and wearing a hi-jab :S

And in other exciting news... does everyone remember my old host brother P'Keng and his girlfriend P'Kai? Probably not because they didn't really have much to do with me while I was living with that family... but anyways, P'Kai just gave birth to their daughter! I was asked to suggest to them good English girls names. I suggested "Kristen". But I don't think they really liked that idea. I don't see why, because it would fit in with the whole names that start with the letter K theme....

1 ความคิดเห็น:

ไม่ระบุชื่อ กล่าวว่า...

Ah! It's so cute that Soy asked you to marry him. XDDD I REALLY hope a gay Taiwanese boy does the same for me! *crosses fingers*