วันจันทร์ที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

The Last Couple Of Days...

The last couple of days have been (somewhat) eventful. On Sunday Win came to my house to hang out for a bit during the day. It was exciting for me, since it's the first time I've hung out with one of my Thai friends (without P'Patch around) outside of school! It was also exciting because of the fact that well, Win doesn't speak much English at all really, so it was pretty much a completely Thai speaking day for me. And trust me, by the end of it I felt sooooooo exhausted. You'd be suprised how tiring it can be thinking in another language for hours on end, esepcially a language which I still don't really have a good grip on. Anyways, it was fun, and luckily my host parents were cool with me having a boy over to my house (I wasn't sure what the policy is about girls having guys over to their house in Thailand is, so I asked P'Patch and she said it's different from family to family.. and luckily my host family was alright with it... they didn't even ask me if he is my boyfriend or not (which he isn't)).

Yesterday I went to Elli's house in the morning, which was also quite an accomplishment for me, as this time I went the cheap way to her house! Before I had always gone the easy, expensive way (i.e. by taxi), but I talked to P'Patch and figured out which van I can take to near Elli's house for much cheaper (25 baht for van, 130 for taxi)... together we went to Siam Paragon. We went by bus, and for some reason traffic was kind of bad (which is weird for a Monday afternoon?) so we didn't actually get to Siam until about 2. We ate pasta (mmm Italian food for the first time in forever) and ice cream, and then looked around all the fancy stores like Chanel and Valentino, and I tried on a super beautiful, super expensive dress. If only I was a bit skinnier and actually needed a dress.......... haha. By the time we should have headed home (about 5 p.m.) we didn't really feel like it, since we'd only been there a couple of hours. I guess we didn't even think about how if it took us that long just to get to Siam, it would probably take even longer to get back (because everyone would be heading home from work in the evening)... so we didn't actually start heading home until 7 p.m., which turned out to be a very bad idea. I didn't get back to Nongchok until 10, and I had to phone my host dad, who I think was already asleep, to come pick me up (because the alternative was for me to go home by motorcycle taxi, but I didn't really think that was a good idea so late at night). I apologized to my host dad for being home so late, and it said it was no problem... and he even had rotee for me to eat before bed :S however, I guess Elisabeth's host parents aren't letting her off the hook so easily. She texted me last night when she got home and said her host mom was quite angry, so she wouldn't be allowed out of the house for the next few days... which kind of sucks because we were planning on doing some touristy type things in BKK today...

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: