วันเสาร์ที่ 3 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

JJ Market

Yesterday, after living in this country/city for practically 6 months, I went to JJ Market for the first time! It was tres exciting, trust me. The whole adventure started out by me being faced with the task of getting to Elisabeth’s house all by myself, which could have been cheap and easy if I knew what van to take. But I didn’t. So I took a taxi instead, and by some stroke of good luck, I ended up with probably the only taxi driver in this city, who knows his way around! (which trust me, NEVER HAPPENS!) Therefore, it didn’t end up being too hard to get to Elisabeth’s house, only it was a bit expensive. Mai bpenrai. Elli and I left her house and met up with Sinan (a boy from Turkey who goes to Elli’s school.. I haven’t seen him since September at the COC camp though) at a mall near their school... and then the 3 of us took a taxi to JJ Market!! I guess I was the one most excited about the whole outing, since I'm the only one who hasn't actually been there yet. But I'm sure most of you who are reading this now haven't been there either, so I will explain to you: JJ Market is THE market in Thailand. Honestly, you can buy ANYTHING there, from Thai silk, to exotic pets, to super cheap clothes, paintings, Converse, all kinds of food, etc. Not to mention that the whole thing is HUUUGE and full of foreigners, which is always fun for me since I'm so deprived of foreigners in my everyday life (at least Elli has Sinan (albeit, he is a bit crazy) around). Honestly, I don't know how my brain is going to handle being back in Canada at first, with there being foreigners everywhere and all... it's going to be overwhelming.

I think I spent about 1,000 baht the entire day (around 30 dollars) including transportation and snacks. I bought myself a button up t-shirt with cute little jelly fish on it, a new purse (white with little butterflies), and a hippy-ish flower printed skirt. I also bought some little souvenirs for people back home... when it was time to go home, we all took a taxi to Sinan's house, where we dropped him off, and then Elli and I continued on in the taxi to The Mall. I got in a van to go back to NongChok... and when I finally got to NongChok I was planning to get off outside of Tops... but then the van driver turned down some random street that was NOT on the way to Tops.. so I kind of yelled at hime (in Thai of course) to stop, I got out, and then walked over to Tops, which was a little scary I must admit (since it was already dark out and all these people were starting at me and what not.) I figured I could call my host dad to pick me up, but then I would have to wait around for another 10 or so minutes, which I didn't want to do... so I just went home by saa-ling (this little motorcycle side car thing). In the end, I felt quite proud of myself for getting all around all by myself!

Oh, and as of now my host gramma is still in the hospital, and my little host brother has been sick on and off for the last few days... it's so sad to seem him not feeling well, because he just lays there and doesn't move (normally he's running all over the place) and sometimes cries. So sad.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: