วันอังคารที่ 6 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

HairCuts

Something (somewhat) interesting happened yesterday at school which I forgot to mention. During our morning assembly, one (power happy) teacher was walking around with a pair of regular old scissors in her hand, cutting students' hair as she pleased, mainly boys' hair... but I saw her cut a few girls' bangs... and she did chop off a bit of hair on the top of one LadyBoys head, which I guess was sticking up too much for her liking or something... poor boy (girl?) now looks like he has devil horns sticking out of his head.

Last night, my host aunt reminded me that she will make me a dress for my host cousin's wedding in February.... the tricky part is that she wants me to design it! Honestly, what kind of dress do foreigners wear to Muslim weddings? She also told me to make it fairly simple, and that she will make it pink. I'm thinking something along the lines of thickish spaghetti type straps, with a boat neck, and then have it tightish throughout the waist part and then just kind of a-line to about my knees... I don't know. I need to make sure I won't look fat in it, and that it's not tooooo sexy or revealing... and hopefully I won't end up looking like a pink Barbie. The other problem that this whole thing poses is the fact that my cousins wedding is on February 1st... and I know that the next AFS camp will be somewhere towards the end of January/beginning of February.. which makes it really hard to make plans in the next little while, since I don't know the dates of the camp for sure yet. I would hate for my aunt to go to all the effort of MAKING me a dress, and then not even being able to go to the wedding. I emailed AFS and asked them if they know when the camp will be yet... but they didn't email me back. It's very flustering indeed.

Today after school while on the way home with Patch, we stopped at the market outside of Tops, where I bought myself a cute shirt (button down, green with stars, and 3/4 length sleeves) for 170 baht. Now I have something a little more appropriate which I can wear to Muslim get-togethers! Yay me!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: