วันเสาร์ที่ 13 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2551

10 Weeks Later...

I have officially been in Thailand for 10 Weeks... Yay Me! I must admit, it feels very good to know I've at least battled it out for this long... I can't imagine how amazing it will feel after 10 months.

I hung out with Elisabeth from Germany today, and she is offically my favourite German. You want to know why? CANADA was her first choice country for her exchange... Thailand was actually her second. Stupid Canada, why couldn't we have accepted Elisabeth? I guess it's a good thing we didn't, because that means she's here for me to hang out with. She also showed me a bookstore at the mall that sells a bunch of English books. So I bought two: The Secret Life of Bees, and The Memory Keeper's Daughter. And now I know where to go back to find more :)

P'Kla drove me to Elisabeth's this afternoon, and the plan was for him to drop me off there and then her and I would take a taxi or the bus to The Mall. We kind of got lost on the way to her house, and it took us about 40 minutes to get there. Probably would have taken 30 if we hadn't gotten lost. P'Kla ended up driving us all the way to the mall though. We went and saw the movie Mamma Mia!, which I really enjoyed. I could barely keep myself from singing along on some of the songs... but I'm pretty sure all of the Thai people would have that I was insane. Not that they don't already think that. We went to eat lunch at The Pizza Company. I ordered a pepperoni pizza not knowing that Elisabeth is vegetarian... but she was really good about it, and just picked off the pepperonis. We talked about how during the first little while we both felt completely homesick and kind of wanted to go home and all those things, but are both super happy now that we stuck through the rough part... and now feel like we can handle anything. One of the girls from Germany actually went home after 1 week because she couldn't handle the emotions, and although I felt like going home after 1 week, I'm really glad I didn't.

We looked around the mall a bit, but didn't buy anything. When it was time to head back to Elisabeth's house for P'Kla to pick me up, we waited for a bus for about 10 minutes, but it didn't come, so we decided to try and take a taxi instead. We were able to tell the taxi driver the general direction to go in, but he started asking us things in Thai we didn't understand, so I phoned P'Kla who talked to the driver about where to take us. He ended up just taking us to a random bus stop in Minburi, where my host family (host dad, host mom, Cherry, and P'Kla) came and picked us up. We took Elisabeth back to her home, and my host family was all really impressed with her Thai accent and her Thai vocabulary. She really didn't say anything in Thai that I don't know yet... but I think I'm kind of developing a problem where I am a little shy to actually speak Thai. Must fix that. We then went to some shopping mall that I hadn't been to before called Seacon Center I believe. We went for Cherry to get a haircut and for the five of us to go out for dinner. While Cherry was getting her hair cut, P'Kla and I looked around at some little shops in the mall where they sold all kinds of Thai type souvenirs. When we walked into the mall I saw a place that sold little elephant tea sets, which I thought were really cute, so I wanted to go back and look, but when we went back, the store was closed... I did manage to find some cute gifts though which I think will make good Christmas presents for some certain people back home....

We went to a Japanese noodle house for dinner, and I really didn't feel like eating much since I was already full from the pizza. I ate some food anyways, and during dinner I asked my family if it would be okay for Rachel to come and stay with us. They said yes and asked questions about the dates she will come and how she will get here and such, which I'm not really too sure about yet, but tomorrow I will phone her and hopefully get that all sorted out. I'm hoping maybe she will come around September 22 and stay until September 28 or so. During that time Elisabeth will have another German girl staying with her. They are planning to go rent a hotel room in downtown Bangkok for a couple of days and visit Siam Square and Wat Phra Kaew and such, so maybe Rachel and I will go too. On the way home from dinner, Beam phoned me about the tickets for the Ballet. We decided it would be better to go on the Saturday night, but unfortunately most of the tickets had already been sold. She tried to explain to me over the phone where the tickets we could buy were, but I didn't really understand... However, she told me the price, and they were some of the most expensive tickets, so I'm assuming they're fairly good seats.

Overall, today was a good day.. and I'm feeling pretty happy that all of my plans seem to be working out, such as the ballet and Rachel coming to visit. I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow, but on Monday apparently we are going somewhere to visit my host cousin. That's about all Cherry was able to explain to me...

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: