วันศุกร์ที่ 19 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2551

1/4

Since I have now been here for a total of 2 months and 2 weeks, I am officially 1/4 of the way through my 10 months (yay I haven't completely lost my math skills yet... my typing skills on the other hand...) How do I feel at this point you may ask? Well, I must admit that although earlier in my stay I had thought about switching to a semester program rather than a year program, I think that if I was only staying until December, then I would be half-way there.. and I'm really not feeling like I'd be ready for it to be half over. Not while I'm still having such troubles with the language and everything. I think I will probably only really start to get a grip on this confusing language probably around December, and I would hate to have to leave just then. Not to mention the fact that there are so many exciting things happening in the New Year that I would miss out on. To reflect upon my first quarter... I would have to say that while I struggled alot at the beginning, I'm finally now starting to feel alot more comfortable in this country. I am no longer phazed by the humidity, using squat toilets, and eating spicy things. (I actually sucessfully managed to eat some spicy som-tam tonight without my eyes going all watery.. Cherry was quite impressed) However, there are still some things about this country that I don't think I will every completely get used to. For example, the hoardes of homeless/starving dogs on the streets, children getting beaten in school, and the cock fighting.. I have already done many things that many people will never do in their life. I think if I feel as content as I do now at the end of my stay, then the whole thing will have been a success.

Tomorrow night I will be going to see The Nutcracker Ballet in downtown Bangkok with P'Beam. Since the show starts at 730, and will probably last a couple of hours, plus the added time of getting back to Nongchok from downtown Bangkok.. it's going to be a late night, which would really be no problem except that Rachel is coming on Sunday morning rather than Monday morning. Her train will arrive here at 550 in the a.m. Which means I will be waking up quite early in order to catch a taxi with Korn and Cherry (as P'Kla will be working) to meet Rachel at the station. I apologize in advance for the lack of updates which there might be in the next few days, as from the sounds of it I might be quite busy (which is deffinately alot better than being quite bored).

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: