วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 11 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2551

Toast and Peanut Butter!

Today started out really good, I had toast with peanut butter (no banana though) for the first time since I've been here! When I walked into the kitchen this morning I saw Korn buttering some bread and then putting it into the toaster oven (toasters don't really exist in Thailand), and when it was all done he offered me two pieces. I also had a head attack when I looked for my peanut butter in the fridge and didn't see it at first (everything must be kept in the fridge here, even potato chips, or else the ants will get it), but was able to find it eventually.. Best breakfast so far by far. The only thing that was really missing was some nice tea. My host gramma gives me Chinese tea every now and then, but it's just not the same without sugar and milk :(

The rest of the day was kind of long and boring. I quite literally spent it in my room, all alone. I ate lunch by myself in the kitchen. It was rice with chicken and cucumber that P'Kla had bought and brought home for me. In the afternoon I could hear Beam, Cherry, and Kla downstairs watching TV, so I thought I would go join them. But when I got downstairs Cherry was sitting on the couch giggling, and Beam was obviously hiding behind the couch. I could hear her giggling too, but I played along anyways, and pretended that she was doing a good time hiding, tried to ignore Cherry's giggling like she wasn't actually giving it all away. After what seemed like 10 minutes Beam threw and eraser at me and asked me if she startled me. I should have lied and said yes but I said no and kind of told her I knew she was there all along. Then they told me they just drank some weird Thai energy drink that made them "go crazy." I dunno, it was really weird. However, Beam told me that she will be able to go to the ballet with me, which I'm really excited for. Also, AFS emailed me today about the massage course, and apparently it's actually the one on October 1-10 that is still open, which means that I won't be going to that camp that I didn't really want to go to anyways on the 1-3. Tomorrow I am to go to school to talk to my coordinator and make sure all these plans will work out, hopefully she will let me miss out on the camp and go to the massage course.

I've really got to find something to do around here. I know I really shouldn't be complaining, because alot of the other exchange students around here haven't done nearly as much as I've done in the way of traveling around and seeing touristy things and such, but I can't help feel like my family isn't taking enough of an interest in me. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that they're just all so busy, combined with me not being able to do anything on my own. It's beginning to get really frustrating. I need to find some new hobbie or something to keep me preoccupied. I should take up scrap booking or knitting or something that I can do at home, because really I can only spend so much time studying Thai and nerding it out on the internet each day.... I just think I need to somehow find the balance between alone time and going out time. Right now it's a little too much alone time. I'm still feeling good about being in Thailand, and alot of what is driving me crazy I think is that fact that I'm in Thailand! I want to go out and see and experience new things, instead of just being alone in my room all day. Ok, enough ranting for now. I must go eat dinner.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: