วันพุธที่ 24 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2551

JJ Mall

Yesterday afternoon Rachel and I went to Carrefour (P'Kla drove us) where we ate KFC (for the second day in a row), and then wandered around for a while and bought lots of chocolate. We also bought maps of Thailand at the bookstore. In the evening the two of us went for a walk down the road by my host family's house. It was nice because it was the first chance I've had since I've been here to really explore around the neighborhood. Although, all the Thai people wound kind of come out of their houses, gather around, and just stare at us, without even trying to be discreet about it. It was kind of... frustrating. I think maybe I'm starting to get used to living here and seeing Thai people everywhere, I just kind of expect them to be used to me too, which makes me feel really awkward when they stare. The scenery was really quite beautiful though, with all the palm trees and rice fields. There is also a Muslim Mosque fairly close down the road, which is beautiful. I love it because every night (well actually at random times throughout the day), I can hear Muslim prayers being said over a loud speaker coming from the Mosque. It may seem crazy, but I love hearing it, even though I don't understand any of what their saying, it just really sounds beautiful, and very calming. I think I will miss hearing that sound when I leave. After our walk we went with P'Beam, P'Kla, Korn and his girlfriend June to the park where we fed some fish in a pond, and then just played on the playground for a bit. It was actually really, really fun. Sanook Maak.

Today we went with P'Beam and P'Kla to JJ Mall. We didn't actually get to go to the Market (JJ Market is apparently the biggest, most famous market in Bangkok) because of it being a weekday, and apparently all the shops are closed. So instead we just wandered around the mall, while Beam and Kla went shopping for fish. I bought a couple gifts for a couple of people, and we also bought some hot pink, little, crocheted flowers to glue onto our maps of Thailand to show all the places we've been, which we did when we got back from the Mall. We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out in the basement, half watching Ratatouille and half talking.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: