วันศุกร์ที่ 19 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Anecdotes

This Is Why I Prefer Dogs To Cats:
The other night, I woke up at about 2 in the morning to go to the bathroom. As usual, my host families cat (I don't know it's name) was sitting around in it's usual spot at the top of the stairs. It followed me down the stairs, all purring and what not, and then proceded to follow me into the bathroom. Now, at first I tried just opening the door for it so that hopefully it would go out of the bathroom, but then I realized it didn't really want to leave. So, then I tried picking it up and putting it out the door, but the damn cat just started clinging to the door with it's claws... Since I really needed to pee, I just gave up on trying to get rid of the cat, and proceded to go pee. But as I was on the toilet, the damn cat attempted to bite my leg (but it didn't actually pierce the skin, don't worry). When that was all over and done, it tried to follow me back into my bedroom, but luckily I was able to get in without the cat. I should have just left the thing in the bathroom.


Now, as you all may know, my host gramma lives with my host family. Even Elisabeth will back me up on this one.. she's deffinately not the nicest looking lady. She just kind of glares at me (well at everyone) as she just wanders around the house all the time. She also knows that I can't speak very good Thai, and when anyone else is around she tends to just kind of ignore me (although when I'm not around she apparently calls me "khon suuay" (beautiful girl))... BUT last weekend (and again this morning!) while the rest of my host family is either at work or at my little sisters swimming lessons, she has started talking to me in quite rapidly fast Thai. I can understand a little bit of what she says.. some like "song khon (two people.. me and her, I'm assuming) bye (go) sooa (which can either mean a shirt, a tiger, a mat, or to buy) Islam." What I interpreted from this was that she wanted me to go with her to either buy a Muslim person, or buy Muslim clothes. I said to her okay, went to go and get my purse, and then I go back downstairs and she's just in her room watching tv. Tres confusing. Ngong maaak. (try saying the word "ngong"... it's the hardest thing in the world for me, same with nguang, nguay, or just anything that starts with "ng" at the beginning... But on the bright side, Thai's have a hard time saying "sp" or "ts".. so for example when they say "speak" it comes out "sah-peak".. and when they try to say "peanuts" it comes out "penis".)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: