วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Sickness

This morning I woke up at 5, because the plan was for me to go to school at 6 and go along with Patch and other students to some university where our school was competing against another school in sport. I’m not really sure exactly what sports they were going to be competing in, but the impression I got was that the whole thing was more of another Sports Day type thing (where the focus was more on Cheerleading etc. than on actual sport playing) only between 2 different schools. All day yesterday students at my school were preparing for the whole event. I helped with painting this huuuuuuuuge ass banner thing a bit after school. All the cheerleaders from our different teams from Sports Days combined to give each other ideas for the whole event. But…. I didn’t go, due to being too sick. I told my host mom I was "mai sabai" (sick) and then went back to bed.. until 2 p.m., when my host mom came in and told me I needed to eat something. So I ate some rice (hurray) with some soup, and now I'm here back in my room. My symptoms include diarrhea, headache, sore throat, nauseau (although I haven't actually thrown up), and a bit of a fever. My host mom is convinced I need to go to the doctor (because Thai people go to the doctor for EVERYTHING!), but I think I really just need some rest... I'm already feeling alot better than I did a couple of hours ago, so if I continue feeling better and better, there's really no need to go to the doctor.... Hopefully I'll feel all better for Sunday though, because my host family has plans to take Elisabeth and I to Lopburi to see fields of sunflowers (or something?)

Edit: Just went to the Doctor, who spoke incredibly good English, and gave me all different kinds of medications/anti-biotics/electrolyte tablets to take.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: