วันเสาร์ที่ 27 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Quest for Jeans

Yesterday morning, I somehow managed to make it all the way to the Nongchok Market all by myself (Patch was so proud of me!!. I had to walk to the end of my street, flag down a passing van... and then tell the van driver "jo seven duay kha," which means "stop at 7-11 please") to meet up with Patch, La, and Praew (girls from my class) to go to The Mall. Praew didn't stick around for long, because she had to meet up with her sister, but she did give me a cute little crystal (well, what looks like crystal) heart as a New Years Gift. Speaking of New Years, on Christmas Day I was talking to my host mom about how they don't really celebrate Christmas here in Thailand, but we do in Canada... I told her that we have 2 weeks off of school for Christmas and New Years, and she asked me when do we have New Years in Canada. I told her it's the same as in Thailand (only 14 hours behind...) and she was confused, because she thought we celebrated Christmas and New Years on the same day... I think the reason she was under that impression was because of the whole saying, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

Anyways, back to The Mall yesterday (sorry for that random tangent)... After Praew left, we searched around for the cheapest photo shop to get pictures printed for our Friendship Books. I don't really have all that many pictures with my classmates that I've taken, so I didn't get very many printed up... So, next week (or the week after because next week we only have school on Monday and Tuesday.. we get the rest off for New Years) my mission is going to be to take as many pictures with my classmates as possible. We ate an extremely large amount of KFC, and then met up with Soy and went shopping around the market, which is next to The Mall.. I bought myself a long sleeved shirt (150 baht = 5 dollars), a hoodie (350 baht = 12 dollars), a bra (60 baht = 2 dollars), and then Patch and I went on a mission to find me jeans. And believe me, it was quite the mission. The problem began with the fact that most Thai people just wear skinny jeans (because well, they are all so skinny that skinny jeans look good on then all).. but I wanted to have jeans with a bit of a flare at the bottom... so, most shops didn't even have the kind I was looking for to begin with, and even if they did, they didn't really have any in my size. But, I eventually found some "Levi's" (although I don't think they're actually real Levis) for 350 baht (about 12 dollars)! I know it doesn't sound that exciting and all.. but I was quite excited about it all because it was the first pair of jeans I've bought in Thailand! So, now that I'm starting to outgrow all of the jeans I brought with me from Canada, I finally have a nice, comfortable fitting pair to wear! Also, when we were walking around the crowded market, Soy held my hand to make sure I didn't get lost in the crowd. It was so cute. And it was fun getting all the stares from Thai people (I mean, they stare at foreingers all the time to begin with... but a foreign girl holding hands with a Thai boy (well, he's not really a boy, he prefers to be called a "beautiful girl") and the staring never ends.)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: