วันเสาร์ที่ 20 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Making Kratongs

I guess yesterday when my host family was out shopping, my host mom came across a shop that sold the bits to make Kratongs (remember from November.. Loy Kratong Festival?), and despite the fact that she is Muslim and dosesn't partake in the whole Loy Kratong celebration, she bought supplies so her and I could make some Kratongs together. Although the traditional ones are made from banana trees, the ones we assembled together are just made out of styrofoam (bad for the environment, good for taking back to Canada with me). So last night after dinner her and I sat in my room and glued the pieces of Kratongs together. Unfortunately she forgot to buy some of the pieces (like plastic flowers), so they aren't quite finished yet.. however when they are finished, I will post a picture on here of them.

Also interesting: I have no somehow (without really trying) managed to get my entire host family hoooked on Rotee. Pretty much everyday now we all eat it for dessert. Oooan maak. Arroy maak. Mai Bpenrai. Apparently before I moved in with them they hardly ate it :S Now not only am I going to get fat during my year in Thailand, my host family will all get fat too. Mwahaha.

1 ความคิดเห็น:

LunaDementia กล่าวว่า...

So you know, don't you, that every time you post words in Thai I sit here trying to say them out loud. I'm sure it looks hilarious and sounds even funnier.