วันเสาร์ที่ 20 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Goodbye Rachel

So, going to the Airport to see Rachel off today was a total farce. She told me that she would be leaving her hotel at about 2 and getting to the airport around 3. I met up with my Coordinator and my Advisor at the school around 2ish, and I believe we left for the airport around 2 30.. it takes about half an hour to get there from Nongchok, so we figured we would get there around the same time as Rachel. At about 2 45, while we were in the taxi on the way to the airport, Rachel called me, and she had apparently ALREADY gone through security (not by choice.. she wanted to wait around until I got there (I was literally only a 10 minute drive from the airport by that time..) but the AFS people who were dropping her off had to leave, but they needed to make sure she got through security ok first...) Sooooo, I'm feeling a little bummed out. But, on the bright side of things, at least this means my last memory of Rachel will always be the all-nighter we pulled at her school in Ubon (which was pretty much one of the funnest nights of my life).. rather than having it be a teary goodbye at the airport. However, I didn't get to give her the hamburger keychain.. which means her french fry phone will forever be hamburgerless (which pretty much sucks.)

In memory of all the good times I spent with Rachel... Here is a photo (from that all-nighter we pulled at her school:

And here is the crane I made out of a 20 baht bill (the one on the very left is mine):

Here is me today (see Bessy, Thailand looks beautiful when it snows too):

And here is me looking like a hill-tribe member the other day at school:
And that my friends, is all for now.

1 ความคิดเห็น:

LunaDementia กล่าวว่า...

lol....you look like Princess Leia *grin*