วันพุธที่ 20 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Badminton

This morning was a fairly boring morning at school. I spent the first three classes just nerding it out on the computer, and trying to memorize some more Thai words. Right before lunch I had Thai Language with Ajan Supanee. She brought some new Thai desserts for me, which I must admit, were even a little too sweet for me. I ate them to be polite, but I kind of don't want to ever eat them again. I'm sure you all understand what it's like when you eat something that's just tooooooooo sweet. I ate lunch with Patch and Cherry. I had some fried noodles, which tasted really bland and I'll be happy if I never eat those again either. Patch and I hung out after lunch, since she didn't have any classes all afternoon. We spent the first little while just in the computer room. She worked on a project that is due soon, and I played solitaire. I should have had my Flower Making class, but it's no longer happening, so apparently next week my AFS Advisor is going to try and find a new class for me to take to fill in some extra time. I'm not really sure what I'll end up taking, since it's kind of pointless for me to take anything like science or math, because I wont understand anything that's being said. I think I might actually end up taking a band class (like normal high school band) and start playing flute again, mainly just for the lack of other interesting classes to take. However, since I finally have my sport uniform, I had to go study badminton with Cherry last period. She invited Patch to come with, and it ended up being alot of fun. We spent most of the hour playing Me and Patch versus Cherry and one of her friends. I wasn't keeping score, but it seemed like a fairly even match. Even though badminton is a super popular sport here, unlike in North America, surprisingly the students weren't super amazing badminton players, which I must admit, I was kind of expecting. After badminton, Patch, Cherry and I went to go check out the band from our school, i.e. the guys who keep coming up to me and asking if I play bass and what kind of music I play and such. They were practicing just across the street from the school, in just about the tiniest practice room I've ever seen in my entire life. Needless to say, they couldn't fit anyone more in the room, so we ended up just leaving. I hope sometime I'll be able to at least go and listen to them play through the wall, mostly to see if they're any good. We walked to Tops and had some ice cream, and then I called P'Kla to come pick me up. With him came Beam and my host mom, and the four of us went to Carrefour for some shopping. The only other semi-interesting thing that happened today was I watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with Beam and Kla. And now I'm going to bed. Goodnight all.

p.s. wow, sorry that was a really boring post.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: