วันพุธที่ 13 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Zombie

I am officially a Zombie. After waking up at 5 a.m. on Tuedsay, and then 6 a.m. today, mixed in with the fact that I haven't really had a break from waking up for school since this time last year, and that it is impossible for me to sleep in here because of the roosters crowing, I have decided that I am now a zombie. Patch told me she feels exactly the same way, only she described it as being a body walking around without the soul, which is exactly what a zombie is, but I don't think she's ever heard the word before... Anyways, today was a pretty uneventful day, which is okay to have once in a while. This morning at school I had Thai Language with Ajan Supanee, and she invited me to go shopping to JJ Market this weekend with her and two of her nieces on Sunday. Patch also invited me to go to a Muslim version of a baby shower on Sunday. Apparently her cousin had a baby, and this Sunday they will give the baby it's first haircut, which is some sort of tradition. According to Patch, they have a similar tradition in Buddhism. I think I will go with Patch rather than shopping, just because it will be neat to see how they celebrate having a new baby, and this may be my only chance to take part in this tradition, whereas I can go shopping anytime of the year... On Saturday for sure though I am going with Beam to her Gramma's house. Not to be confused with visiting her Gramma, because apparently her Gramma has already passed away, and I made the unfortunate mistake of asking her how long we will visit her Gramma for. She was like, "Ummm we will go to her house but we won't see her." Hmmm. In the afternoon I continued working on my orchids in my flower making class. I glued some petals together, and painted some more. The ones I painted last week went missing somehow. I think maybe they got blown all around the room from the fan, and then the janitors maybe swept them up thinking they weren't important. Anyways, I have to use ones that someone else painted, which kind of sucks. However, I got to paint for myself the second kind of petal to use. I don't really know how else to explain it. After school I went to Pailin's house, because P'Kla couldn't pick me up from school. We just went out for dinner, because Pailin was hungry, although I wasn't really hungry, so I didn't eat much. P'Kla then picked me up at her house around 6 and I've just been hanging out with Beam and emailing home and what not since then. I think I will try to get to sleep early this night, since I've been feeling so exhausted lately, however it might be difficult since lately Cherry has taken to either playing her Thai pop music loudly while she chats on MSN, or just talking on her phone loudly while I try to sleep. I usually just listen to my iPod really loudly, until she gets off the phone or computer or whatever, and then I go to sleep. Except one night, when I was really tired and fell asleep at about 10, then woke up at midnight to go to the bathroom, and she was still talking on the phone. Tomorrow I will go with Patch to visit her elementary school, where she will talk to the students about her experiences in America, and to encourage them to continue studying English in school as it can lead to many amazing opportunities. I just found out the other day that Patch wasn't accepted to go abroad with AFS until her third time applying! And today Oat was telling me about how out of everyone who applies for a scholarship to go to America with AFS, only one student is chosen out of the entire Bangkok area, which means Patch was that lucky one last year. It just makes me realize how easy I had it getting here with AFS. Everyone I talk to seems suprised that all I had to do was apply and then have an interview.

Oh, and one more thing I noticed about Pattaya that I thought was kind of amusing, was the fact that there were about a million dental clinics there, and they all had names like "Dental Holiday" and advertised cheap cosmetic dentistry. I can't imagine going to Thailand on vacation just to have dental work done. Kinds of reminds me about the other day at the Market outside The Mall, and I say a white lady (obviously a tourist) getting a tattoo at a little tattoo shop in the market. Deffinately not the kind of place I would want to get a tattoo :S

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: