วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 28 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2551

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESSY (and the search for carrots)

happy birthday bessy! (suk-san wan geut!) I'm sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate it with you, but I promise I will be there next year!

Today was absolutley useless as far as classes go. I went to my Thai Music class, but the teacher didn't show up. The only other class I had today was Thai Language with my AFS Coordinator, and she must be taking tips from Ajan Supanee or something, because she just brought me food to it and that was it for the class. I swear, between the two of them they are determined to make me fat before I leave here. Oh well, at least I will ward off some of the extra weight with badminton and hopefully swimming. Patch and I are planning on joining the school swim team (although we're not really sure if it will be for swimming competitions or just for exercise). In order to join I just need to bring in a letter from the doctor saying I am in good health, a 1 inch picture of me, a photocopy of my passport, and 10 baht. So tomorrow my AFS Coordinator will take me with her when she goes to visit the doctor (about her injury she had the other day when she fell) so I can get the whole doctor letter business out of the way. Apparently tomorrow there are no classes as the whole day will just be a science fair/dance competition (the real version of what happened last week)/concert (the boys who always ask me if I play guitar will be playing with their band). It should be fun I guess. After school Patch and I hung around and watched some people practice for the dance competition tomorrow. I also hung out with a girl named Bee for a little bit. She is fun, kind of reminds me of Sarah Bellamy, except she really doesn't speak much English, so she just kind of grabs me by the arm and takes me to go dance with her. It's all good fun. After a while Patch and I walked to Tops, where we had ice cream. I had a banana split. When we were done our ice cream, Patch announced she wanted a carrot, so we went searching the market for carrots. All the talk of carrots made me want some too, so I ended up buying 1 carrot. I think my host family thinks I'm insane for just bringing home a random carrot. I haven't eaten it yet, I think I will save it for tomorrow... One thing I deffinately like about being an exchange student is being able to do things that may seem a little crazy, but have it be okay because I'm foreign. haha

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: