วันเสาร์ที่ 12 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2551

ChinaTown

So even though I had full intentions to learning Thai today, it didn't happen. This morning my host mom came into my room and told me "shopping". So I told her I'd go. Since being here I've learned that no matter where people ask me to go, to always say yes. Because even if they're going some place completely boring, it's always better than sitting in my room alone. I was esepcially alone today because Cherry had extra English and Math tutorials all day, as she is preparing for exams to get into university or something. It turned out we were going furniture shopping at some home decorating convention thing. It was pretty boring but whatever, I got to sit on some comfy couches that reminded me of home because they reclined. I also saw alot of balerina statues that reminded me of Alyson. After that we went to ChinaTown to have lunch. I swear I'm going to gain 20 pounds when I'm here because I eat so much. For example, today I had breakfast, which was a big bowl of rice with leftovers from last nights dinner. Then before we went shopping my host mom fed me hot dogs. I think she thinks because I'm from North America, I'm obsessed with hot dogs, so she is always feeding them to me. They're the weirdest hot dogs I've ever had though, because they are filled with some weird creamy stuff that kind of looks like mayo :S At the furniture thing they bought me some fried banana type things (think Bananas Foster, but without the ice cream), and then we went for lunch at China Town. This was all before like 1 pm. Then after lunch they kept feeding me fruit. I don't think I've ever eaten this much in a day since the time D'arcie and I stuffed ourselves so much when she was living with Yvonne's parents.... Anyways, ChinaTown was basically just smelly and crowded, and just like ChinaTown in any other city. We pretty much just walked around and they bought food for dinner. My host mom is so protective though. Well, I think she was just worried about losing me in the crowd because she would kind of grab onto my arm and lead me around. I felt like one of those kids on a leash. But I think she was just worried about me....
When I was bored as we drove around to all these places (it takes so long to get anywhere around here because of the traffic) I tried to make a mental list of all the things I like so far about Thailand. It isn't very long because I even got bored of listing, but so far I really like:

-all the different fruit they have here, because we have none of it in Canada
-the taxis, because the majority of them are painted hot pink (all the others are either bright orange, green, or blue)
-the fact that this is going to be such a slack school year
-the fact that Thai girls don't shave their legs, only because it makes me feel okay going a couple days longer than I would in Canada without shaving mine hehe

Oh and I almost forgot the most important thing about today (besides getting to talk to Keith for the first time since I left!), it didn't rain at all today! So much for this being the rainy season. It was amazingly sunny out all day. That reminds me of another thing about my host mom being worried about me, she made me wear a goofy Beijing 2008 Olympics hat to walk to and from the car at the furniture thing so I wouldn't get too much sun. She is silly. Actually walking around with them in ChinaTown kind of reminded me of being with my own parents, because my host dad just kind of walked off on his own ahead and we had to keep calling him whenever we would stop and look at something. Then my host mom was all worried about losing me, like how my real mom was when we went to Disneyland and such....

I'm off to sleep now though, because tomorrow I have to get up at 5 to go to that AFS thingy...

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: