วันจันทร์ที่ 28 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Tops

Today was, to be quite honest, quite boring, and deffinately not a very fun filled day. I went to my Thai Art class first thing this morning, and we pretty much just started drawing these super complicated Thai design thingys. We didn't get very far though, just far enough to draw out all the lines which map out where everything else will go. My Thai Language class with my AFS coordinator only lasted about 10 minutes, because her son was in a car accident yesterday, and she was busy getting things sorted out with the insurance. In the end, she told me it worked out like this: her son was the last car in a kind of domino-effect car crash, and apparently there is a law in Thailand which says even the last person to hit the cars in front is guilty somehow. Now, although her son wasn't hurt, she didn't actually have any insurance on the car he was driving. Well, I'm honestly not really sure what there was no insurance for, she just said there was no insurance to cover it. But, today she talked to the insurance company, and she got insurance for everything. So, even though the accident happened yesterday, it isn't going to happen for a couple of days. She told me one of her ex-students is a police man, and they've sorted it all out. Yay for corrupt policemen! I spent the rest of my morning just hanging out with Patch in the computer room. We went and met up with Cherry and Nink for lunch, and then headed back to the computer room until I had my Thai Dance class, as Patch needed to go to and give back a Thai Dress which the teacher had leant her. However, just before we were supposed to go, my AFS coordinator informed us that there was a teacher meeting for all the teachers in the school, so the last two classes of the day were cancelled. I wish I would have known sooner, because then I could have just taken the afternoon off, and gone and hung out with Manda and Juan, seeing as they have Monday afternoons free... One of Patch's friends who graduated last year named Aah met us at the school, and together we walked to the park which is right next to the school to check out the fitness center they have there. Patch is interested in joining, so I thought I would go see what they have to offer. It only costs 20 baht for a 1 year membership (that's not even a dollar!) and they offer all kinds of things such as tae-kwan-do, which me and Patch are both interested in, however they have no oppenings at the moment. The three of us then walked to Tops, and we looked around for a little bit, and I got a bubble tea! It was apple flavoured with just the regular black bubbley things. I called Kla to come pick me up. When we got back to my host families home, Beam and I finished watching Ratatouille. She also showed me a photo album with pictures from all of her trips around Thailand, such as to the South of Thailand and in all these neat caves. There was one awkward moment that happened though. Beam brought in a platefull of hot dogs for us to eat. Now remember before I mentioned that these hot dogs are filled with a weird mayonaise like substance. I went to bite into one of them, and the white mayo stuff shot out of the other end and right into Beam's lap. It was awkward, and I was embarassed to say the least. Not much else happened the rest of the night. We just had dinner, I read some of my book, and now I'm here. However, I'm not feeling to well. I'm feeling a little nauseaus. I think I'm going to take a shower soon and then go to bed early, because besides feeling a little sick, I'm also feeling soooooo exhausted. I've been sleeping through the night fine, so I don't know why I'm feeling so tired all the time. But I think I would do well to get some extra couple hours of sleep tonight. Oh, I forgot to mention before that today my host dad left to go to Europe for a week for some government thing. I'm not really sure what government thing, as I'm still not really sure exactly what his government position is, however, AFS has given him a warning not to involve me in any of his politcal stuff. All I know is is, the other day at the post office, some guys were asking Pylynn about me, and as soon as they found out who my host dad is, they backed right off.... I'm still not sure if having him for a host dad is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess if the people all like him and respect him around here it's good....

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: