วันอังคารที่ 15 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Natalie+Friends

Today was pretty much another day of doing nothing at school. In the morning I talked to my AFS coordinator and advisor about some difficulties I've been having with my host family, for example having a share a bed with Cherry. According to my Exchange Student Survival Guide book, it is against AFS rules to make an exchange student share a bed with a host sibling, even if they are they same age and sex. But let's not get into all that now...

So I was feeling pretty crappy and lonely at school (Patch actually had to go to classes) during the morning. Luckily for me though, there is a group of student teachers at the school (all females) who are learning to be English teachers, so they all speak pretty good English. There names are Natalie, Suzy, Jessy, Jasmine, and Sarah. The first day I went to school I met them, and they asked me if I've ever had the famous Thai food-- papaya salad. I told them I hadn't. Then this morning at school they told me they had gotten together a special lunch for me which included papaya salad and invited me to go eat with them. It was really nice to them, totally cheered me up. I find that I get along better with them than the kids at school. While we were having lunch, Natalie asked me if I would like to go with her to stay with her family in the NorthEast of Thailand for the long weekend coming up. I told her I would love to! Any chance to see more of Thailand is deffinately worth it. My advisor talked to the AFS people, and it's all a go except for one thing, my host dad doesn't want me to go. So apparently tonight I have to call my real dad, and get him to tell my host dad that it's okay if I go. And then if my real dad gives his approval, my host dad might as well. (fingers crossed hoping they all say yes!!)

In the afternoon I was supposed to have Thai music and Thai cooking classes. When I was supposed to have music, well I just didn't go basically. I have no excuse. So I went to the English room and just read a book. When I was supposed to have Thai cooking, one of the English teachers phoned down to the Cooking room but nobody was in there, so I didn't end up going to that class either...

After school the student teacher girls invited me to go shopping with them at CarreFour, a sort of department store that isn't too far from the school. It was fun, we went to the makeup section and Natalie did my make up for me.. then we just sat around and talked while they ate supper. I didn't want to eat because I thought it would be nicer to wait and have supper with my host family when I got home, to try and make an effort to spend more time with them. But apparently my host family assumed I would eat with them.. so now I may just be eating Spitz and Peanut Butter for supper haha.

Tomorrow I have to wake up super early (4 am) to get all ready for the parade thingy. I have to get my host mom to do my hair and makeup, and then go to the school at 7 to get all dressed. Honestly, I still don't really understand what is happening. All I've gathered is that I sit on a float next to a giant candle :S
In the afternoon tomorrow (I just found this out from Natalie when I asked if I have to go to classes tomorrow) I have to go to another school for an AFS meeting thing. No clue what it's about. But if it means I get to see my AFS friends again, it will be good.

If all goes well with getting approval to spend the weekend with Natalie, we will be leaving on a bus tomorrow night at 1030, and it will take about 5 hours to get there, so I'll probably just sleep since I'll be getting up sooo early. Anyways, the point of this is, if I do end up going, I probably wont be posting anything in here for the next few days (til Sunday, when I get back). So don't worry, I won't have died, I'll just be seeing new interesting things in Thailand!

My god is it ever storming out here now. That reminds me, so many people lately have been asking me what my religion is. When I tell them I don't have one they frown at me. It's kind of annoying.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: