วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 31 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Videooooo

Upon having requests from people for more videos, I took this video on the way home from school today. It shows the area from the main road in Nongchok to my host families house. Near the end of the video, the tallish/squarish pink builiding is where I live. Upstairs consists of mine and Cherry's bedroom with my bathroom, while downstairs there is a TV/exercise room and Cherry's bathroom. I thought you guys might be interested in kind of seeing what it's like where I live... so enjoy!

Last night I woke up early in the morning because my stomach was giving me some problems. I contemplated just staying home from school for the day, but decided I might as well go since it didn't give me any more problems during the night, and since I didn't have any classes in the afternoon, if my stomach was giving me problems then, I could just go home. So I took some pepto bismol and just hoped for the best. Everything was alright for the morning. I had two classes, Thai Music and Thai Language. In Thai Music, I just learned the rest of a song my teacher had started teaching me last week. In Thai Language, I began learning the Thai Alphabet. To sum it up, it consists of 44 "alphabets", with five tones and four symbols. I'm not sure what the symbols are for but my teacher didn't elaborate. I was to meet up with Pailin (I've been spelling her name wrong the whole time (Pylynn) ooops, my bad) at lunch since I had the whole afternoon free. Since she only had one class which was right after lunch, I decided to just wait for her to be done, and then we could leave school and go out for lunch. While I was waiting, my stomach acted up again, and now I can officially say I have been sick when the only toilet around was a squat toilet. At least there was running water. And at least I had a stash of pepto bismol in my backpack. By the way, I forgot to mention before that they don't have lockers at the schools here, everyone just carries around everything in these regulation school backpacks, all with the school name embroidered on the front. When Pailinn was done teaching, we went to her house, and then took her dog Floppy out for a walk to the restaurant we were eating at. I ate brazil leaf fried with chicken, and papaya salad. It was a bit spicier this time, and I must say, although I deffinately cannot eat anything as spicy as the Thai's can, I'm deffinately building up a spice tolerance already. Pailin then took me home, and she hung around for about an hour until she had to go tutor. She talked to my host mom about going to DreamWorld on Saturday, and ran by her the idea of Kla taking us. However, my host mom told her she thinks Kla is busy on Saturday. She also didn't like the idea of us going by taxi, or by van. Actually, I don't think she is really fond of us going at all. She told Pailin that since I'm going to be here for a year, she thinks I shouldn't rush to see as much as I can right now, and so instead spend some time relaxing and settling in. And she does have a point, because I could deffinately do with some good relaxation. The problem is though, that when I spend too much time doing nothing, that's when I start to get homesick... Anyways, I think what will happen is Pailin's Mom's Driver might drive us to Dream World.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: