วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 10 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2551

KingKong

Today was my first day of school. I had to wake up super early (6a.m.), not that I would be able to sleep in anyways because of the roosters crowing, and go to school early because they were having a special welcoming ceremony type thing. It was for me and another girl, Patch, who just arrived back in Thailand from spending at year in America. I had to make a little speech, just thanking the school for welcoming me and such, and luckily they let me do it in English. After the ceremony, Patch showed me around the school, and then we pretty much just spent the rest of the day hanging out in the computer room with my AFS coordinator, and in the English room with all the university students doing their student teaching thing (think like Mr Martzke). There is also a girl there helping teach English names Pielynn. She lives in Thailand but goes to an International School, so she speaks mostly English, and she has a British accent. It's so funny because everyone else has weird Asian accents when they speak English... I've decided Thai people would speak excellent French, because when they try to speak English they leave out half of the letters anyways. So school wasn't too exciting. It was alot of people pointing at me and whispering, and me avoiding using the toilet all day. Yes, my school does have squat toilets. And you want to know something that is even nastier? They don't have any hand soap in any of the bathrooms.... After school me, Cherry, and Patch went to the market thingy to get keys cut for our bedroom. However, when we got home, we discovered the keys don't work anyways. Also, on the way home from school (Kla picked us up) he accidently ran over the family dog, KingKong. It was horrible, it was hard not to cry, and it wasn't even my dog... So now I'm just sitting here up in my room, trying not to look out any windows because I don't want to see it... It makes me miss Dookie even more :(

Tomorrow I have to go to school, but I'm not going to be doing anything, just like today. On Monday I start my actual classes, if you can call them that. I'm pretty sure all I'm taking is Thai language, Thai dance, Thai music, Thai art, and maybe English. I think that means I'll have more free time than class time, which I can spend just chilling in the computer room and checking my emails. Although unfortunately with the time difference, nobody in Canada will be on MSN at those times to keep me company...

Apparently on Sunday Patch and I will go with my AFS coordinator to another school to help with the AFS selecting process for Thai students wishing to go abroad next year. It might be fun.

I'm pretty sure today I was told I'm cute more times than I've ever been told I'm cute in my life. I was also told that I look like a doll. It's funny, all the Thai girls want to have my skin. They just love whiteness over here. Since Patch spent a year in the US, and because all American girls like to tan, she came back tanner than she was before she left. And all day, while the teachers told her I am cute, they also all commented on how dark she is. They really don't like tanning here.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: